8 charged in Jones County drug raid
JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - Eight people are charged with drug-related crimes after a raid in Jones County turned up methamphetamine, marijuana, pills and guns.
According to the Jones County Sheriff's Department, some of the drugs were found in the same room a 7-year-old child stayed in. In addition to drug charges, the child's mother and grandmother were also charged with felony child endangerment.
The property on County Barn Road was raided Wednesday after complaints from the public led to a lengthy investigation.
When narcotics detectives with the sheriff's department arrived to serve a search warrant, they found eight people on the property.
A news release from the sheriff's department said detectives found drug paraphernalia, including syringes and pipes, throughout the property.
In addition to the drugs and paraphernalia, deputies also found drug packaging materials, scales and three guns.
The suspects arrested during the raid and their charges are listed below:
- Pryor, 53 – Felony possession of marijuana, felony child endangerment and possession of methamphetamine
- Toni Herford Pryor, 27 – Possession of methamphetamine and felony child endangerment
- Stephen “Brad” Myrick, 42 – Possession of controlled substance and conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance
- Jody Holifield, 39 – Possession of paraphernalia
- Brandon Welborn, 30 –Diadria Possession of methamphetamine
- Tiffani Kitchens, 43 – Possession of methamphetamine
- Justin McCarty, 22 – Possession of paraphernalia
- Chassity McCarty, 31 – Possession of paraphernalia
The sheriff's department said Diadria is the child's grandmother and has legal custody of the 7-year-old. We're told arrangements were made to care for the child in a safe place after Diadria's arrest.