Consider This: Help your children kick off a successful school year
MOSELLE, MS (WDAM) - Back to school time is always a big transition, not only for children but for parents, too.
While most children are excited about seeing their friends and meeting new teachers, parents often wonder if they have done enough to prepare their children.
Starting the new school year can be a time of great excitement and anxiety for children. Here are a few ways you and your family can have a great start to the new year:
- Update medical records
- Find a central spot to store everything related to school
- Set up a bedtime and wake-up routine in advance
- Organize clothing
- Get to know new teachers
- Limit TV and video game time
- Ask your child about his or her feelings, both the excitement and the concerns, about starting a new school year
- Supervise homework and set up a designated homework area
- Get involved in school events and read daily with your child
Consider This: Parents who play an active role in their children's education make a huge difference in their success.
Copyright WDAM 2018. All rights reserved.