Mississippi ranked high on a list of road trip destinations according to a study conducted by WalletHub.
Using 21 key metrics, WalletHub compared each of the 50 states to determine which state offers the most enjoyment and the least damage to one's wallet. In the study, WalletHub considered various conditions that can affect travelers on the road, including driving costs, lodging prices, traffic safety, weather and, fun attractions.
The findings were as followed:
Mississippi as a Road-Trip Destination (1=best)
- 42nd – Number of Attractions
- 48th – Lowest Price of 3-Star Hotel
- 3rd – Average Gas Prices
- 50th – Number of Nightlife Options per Capita
- 48th – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 14th – Car Thefts per Capita
- 37th – Number of Scenic Byways
- 40th – Difference Between the Historical Average Temperature for July 1st – August 31st & Ideal Temperature (75°)
- 40th – Driving Laws Rating