Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Published: Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:39 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 25, 2023 at 10:38 AM CDT
Saturday's contest that pits the Virginia Tech Hokies (29-4) versus the Tennessee Lady Volunteers (25-11) at Climate Pledge Arena should be a tight matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 69-67 in favor of Virginia Tech. Game time is at 6:30 PM ET on March 25.
The Hokies are coming off of a 72-60 win against South Dakota State in their most recent outing on Sunday.
Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 6:30 PM ET
- Where: Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee Score Prediction
- Prediction: Virginia Tech 69, Tennessee 67
Virginia Tech Schedule Analysis
- The Hokies' best win this season came in a 58-37 victory against the No. 13 Duke Blue Devils on March 4.
- The Hokies have the fourth-most Quadrant 1 wins in the country (13).
- When facing Quadrant 2 opponents, Virginia Tech is 8-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the eighth-most wins.
Virginia Tech 2022-23 Best Wins
- 58-37 over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on March 4
- 59-56 on the road over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on December 4
- 61-45 at home over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on February 16
- 81-79 at home over Louisville (No. 17) on January 12
- 75-67 over Louisville (No. 17) on March 5
Tennessee Schedule Analysis
- In their signature win of the season, the Lady Volunteers defeated the No. 9 LSU Lady Tigers, 69-67, on March 4.
- The Lady Volunteers have tied for the 30th-most Quadrant 1 victories in the country (five), but also have tied for the 12th-most Quadrant 1 defeats (11).
- Against Quadrant 2 teams, Tennessee is 10-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the second-most victories.
Tennessee 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-67 over LSU (No. 9/AP Poll) on March 4
- 69-51 at home over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on November 25
- 65-51 at home over Ole Miss (No. 21) on February 2
- 68-55 at home over Georgia (No. 32) on January 15
- 80-69 at home over Mississippi State (No. 35) on January 5
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Virginia Tech Performance Insights
- The Hokies are outscoring opponents by 15.7 points per game with a +516 scoring differential overall. They put up 72.1 points per game (55th in college basketball) and give up 56.4 per outing (21st in college basketball).
- Virginia Tech is scoring 68.9 points per game this year in conference action, which is 3.2 fewer points per game than its season average (72.1).
- The Hokies are posting 75.5 points per game this season when playing at home, which is 8.4 more points than they're averaging away from home (67.1).
- Virginia Tech allows 53.2 points per game at home this season, compared to 61.9 away from home.
- The Hokies have seen a downturn in scoring lately, racking up 67.7 points per game in their last 10 contests, 4.4 points fewer than the 72.1 they've scored this season.
Tennessee Performance Insights
- The Lady Volunteers have a +421 scoring differential, topping opponents by 11.6 points per game. They're putting up 77.4 points per game, 18th in college basketball, and are giving up 65.8 per outing to rank 218th in college basketball.
- In conference play, Tennessee is averaging fewer points (76.5 per game) than it is overall (77.4) in 2022-23.
- The Lady Volunteers are putting up more points at home (79.4 per game) than away (76.4).
- In 2022-23 Tennessee is allowing 9.7 fewer points per game at home (61.7) than on the road (71.4).
- The Lady Volunteers have played better offensively over their last 10 games, scoring 79.5 points per contest, 2.1 more than their season average of 77.4.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.