Michigan vs. UNLV Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's contest that pits the Michigan Wolverines (22-9) against the UNLV Lady Rebels (31-2) at Pete Maravich Assembly Center has a good chance to be a competitive matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 70-68 in favor of Michigan. Tipoff is at 3:00 PM ET on March 17.
The Wolverines are coming off of an 81-79 loss to Ohio State in their last game on Friday.
Michigan vs. UNLV Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 3:00 PM ET
- Where: Pete Maravich Assembly Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- How to Watch on TV: ESPNU
Michigan vs. UNLV Score Prediction
- Prediction: Michigan 70, UNLV 68
Michigan Schedule Analysis
- The Wolverines registered their signature win of the season on December 20, when they defeated the North Carolina Tar Heels, who rank No. 20 in the AP's Top 25, by a score of 76-68.
- Against Quadrant 1 opponents, the Wolverines are 7-7 (.500%) -- tied for the 18th-most victories.
- Michigan has four wins versus Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 43rd-most in Division 1.
Michigan 2022-23 Best Wins
- 76-68 over North Carolina (No. 20/AP Poll) on December 20
- 84-75 over Baylor (No. 35) on November 27
- 63-58 over South Florida (No. 38) on November 26
- 80-59 on the road over Purdue (No. 47) on January 10
- 80-75 at home over Nebraska (No. 51) on February 12
UNLV Schedule Analysis
- The Lady Rebels defeated the Illinois State Redbirds (No. 80-ranked in our computer rankings) in a 73-66 win on November 27 -- their signature victory of the season.
- UNLV has seven wins over Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 13th-most in the nation.
- The Wolverines have tied for the 92nd-most Quadrant 3 victories in the country according to the RPI (five).
- Against Quadrant 4 opponents, UNLV is 14-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 36th-most victories.
UNLV 2022-23 Best Wins
- 73-66 at home over Illinois State (No. 80) on November 27
- 71-68 over San Diego State (No. 86) on March 7
- 65-59 at home over San Diego State (No. 86) on February 25
- 76-70 on the road over San Diego State (No. 86) on January 7
- 73-67 at home over Wyoming (No. 90) on December 29
Michigan Performance Insights
- The Wolverines average 74.6 points per game (36th in college basketball) while giving up 63.5 per contest (157th in college basketball). They have a +346 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 11.1 points per game.
- Michigan is putting up 73.2 points per game this season in conference matchups, which is 1.4 fewer points per game than its overall average (74.6).
- Offensively, the Wolverines have performed better at home this season, putting up 78.6 points per game, compared to 70.8 per game on the road.
- Michigan allows 63.6 points per game when playing at home, compared to 62.3 away from home.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Wolverines have struggled over their last 10 games, scoring 70.4 points per contest over that span as opposed to the 74.6 they've racked up over the course of this season.
UNLV Performance Insights
- The Lady Rebels outscore opponents by 14.8 points per game (posting 77.2 points per game, 20th in college basketball, and allowing 62.4 per outing, 119th in college basketball) and have a +488 scoring differential.
- In MWC games, UNLV has averaged 0.3 fewer points (76.9) than overall (77.2) in 2022-23.
- The Lady Rebels average 78.9 points per game at home, and 75.3 away.
- At home UNLV is allowing 60.5 points per game, 5.3 fewer points than it is on the road (65.8).
- In their last 10 games, the Lady Rebels are putting up 76.3 points per game, 0.9 fewer points than their season average (77.2).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.