LIST: Water donation locations in the Pine Belt
Published: Sep. 5, 2022 at 10:07 AM CDT
PINE BELT, Miss. (WDAM) - Organizations across the Pine Belt are coming together to help collect water for those still struggling in Jackson.
Below is a list of places you can make donations to:
- Petal Healing Garden - To donate water, visit the organization’s Facebook page or call 601-408-3856.
- Forrest County Branch of the NAACP: Water donations are being taken at St. James C.M.E. Church on Country Club Road, but you are asked to call either 601-550-0080 or 601-307-5377 before coming to the church.
- Twin Forks Rising Community Development Corporation: The organization’s office at 601 E. Pine Street will take donations of water and monetary donations from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Laurel Police Department: Water donations can be dropped off at the Laurel Police Department, which is located at 317 S. Magnolia Street.
- Collins Fire Department: Water donations can be dropped off at Collins Fire Station No. 1, located at 200 South First Street, from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. through Sept. 18.
- Marion County Sheriff’s Office: The water drop-off location will be at the Civil Defense office from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. through September 8.
- Pine Belt Area Bottled Water Drive For Jackson: Through Friday, Sept. 16, residents can drop off donations of unopened plastic water bottles at fire stations throughout the Pine Belt.
- Pearl River Community College: From Sept. 6 - 13, donations can be dropped off at the Receiving Warehouse on the Poplarville campus between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Wayne County High School: you can donate cases or gallons of water to the WCHS campus by Friday, September 16th.
This list will be updated if more drop-off locations are provided.
Want more WDAM 7 news in your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Copyright 2022 WDAM. All rights reserved.