15 football Bobcats sign with senior colleges
Jones College Sports Information
ELLISVILLE, Miss. (WDAM) – Fifteen Jones College football players are headed to the next level after signing with senior colleges on Wednesday during the early signing period.
Jones College now has seen 113 Bobcats sign with senior colleges since Coach Steve Buckley’s arrival in 2016.
The University of Southern Mississippi signed defensive back Markel McLaurin (Friendship, Miss.), along with defensive linemen Brodarius Lewis (Prattville, Ala.) and Jordyn Mahaffey (Foxworth).
- Running back La’Damian Webb (Opelika, Ala.), University of South Alabama
- Defensive back Hershey McLaurin (Collins), West Virginia University
- Wide receiver Bud Tolbert (Water Valley), Middle Tennessee State University
- Offensive lineman Jaqavius Yates (Crystal Springs), University of Alabama-Birmingham
- Defensive lineman Zach Causey (Madison), University of Texas-San Antonio
- Linebacker Mike Cockream (Benoit), Mississippi Valley State University
- Offensive lineman Kentario Davis (Crystal Springs), Mississippi Valley State University
- Defensive back Tylan Glass (Nanih Waiya), University of Louisiana-Monroe
- Offensive lineman Zarian McGill (Taylorsville), University Louisiana-Monroe
- Defensive lineman Javeon Jones (Heidelberg), University of Central Arkansas
- Offensive lineman Matt Mabry signed with Northwestern (La.) State University
- Long snapper Tanner Hatten (Purvis), signed with Texas Southern University.
Linebacker Drew Horton (Brandon) will be a preferred walk-on at Southern Miss.
At least six more Bobcats are expected to sign with senior colleges.
Copyright 2021 WDAM. All rights reserved.