COVID boosters now offered at county health departments
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Access to COVID-19 booster shots just got a little easier.
You can now book your appointment for a booster shot of the Pfizer vaccine which is available at all county health department clinics.
Mississippi State Department of Health says booster shots help maintain your immunity, which may decrease over time.
The shot is only for people who qualify.
You can get a booster shot of the Pfizer vaccine if you are:
- Fully vaccinated with two shots of Pfizer, AND
- It’s been at least 6 months since your last shot of Pfizer.
And you must fall into one of the following categories:
- Adults aged 65 years and older, OR
- Long-term care facility residents, OR
- Adults aged 18 and older with certain underlying medical conditions
- Adults aged 18 and older in certain occupations that increase their risk of exposure
Third or additional shots of Pfizer and Moderna for people with weakened immune systems are also available at county health departments.
Schedule your appointment here or call the COVID-19 hotline at 877-978-6453.
Copyright 2021 WLBT. All rights reserved.