JACKSON, Miss. (WDAM) - The Mississippi State Department of Health reports the number of confirmed daily COVID-19 cases in the state rose by more 2,200.
MSDH reported 2,222 new COVID-19 cases and 19 additional deaths Sunday, including two on Dec. 18 and another 17 discovered through a screening of death certificates from Nov. 22 through Dec. 14.
Jefferson Davis, Jones and Lamar counties each recorded one new death during the review of death certificates.
The latest numbers brought the state’s total cases and deaths since March to 194,333 and 4,409
Positive test results may have been made during the past several days and represent individuals who became ill a week ago or more.
In the 10 Pine Belt counties, 21,620 COVID-19 cases and 487 deaths have been reported:
- Covington: 1,679 cases, 63 deaths
- Forrest: 4,792 cases, 93 deaths
- Greene: 923 cases, 25 deaths
- Jasper: 1,188 cases, 24 deaths
- Jefferson Davis: 709 cases, 22 deaths
- Jones: 4,689 cases, 93 deaths
- Lamar: 3,707 cases, 54 deaths
- Marion: 1,601 cases, 58 deaths
- Perry: 788 cases, 30 deaths
- Wayne: 1,544 cases, 25 deaths
MSDH also is reporting 148,466 Mississippians are presumed to have recovered from the coronavirus.
Use the interactive map below to see a county-by-county breakdown of COVID-19 cases.
Coronavirus tests are available at locations across the state. Click here to find a testing location near you.
In the Pine Belt, tests are available at the following locations:
- SeMRHI – Beaumont Family Health Center in Beaumont
- SeMRHI – Brooklyn Family Health Center in Brooklyn
- Covington County Hospital in Collins
- Pioneer Healthcare, LLC in Collins, Columbia, Hattiesburg and Laurel
- Fast Pace Health Urgent Care in Ellisville, Columbia, Waynesboro and Wiggins
- Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg
- Cough & Fever Clinic (a service of Forrest General and Hattiesburg Clinic) in Hattiesburg
- Gentle Touch Home Care in Hattiesburg
- Maxem Health Urgent Care Hattiesburg
- SeMRHI – Minor Care Clinic in Hattiesburg
- Southeast MS Rural Health Initiative in Hattiesburg
- South Central Emergency Department in Laurel
- East Jones Family Medicine in Laurel
- Family Health Center in Laurel
- SeMRHI – Lumberton Family Health Center in Lumberton
- SeMRHI – New Augusta Family Health Center in New Augusta
- Maxem Health Urgent Care Petal
- SeMRHI – Seminary Family Health Center in Seminary
- Coastal Family Health Center in State Line
- SeMRHI – Sumrall Family Health Center in Sumrall
- Arthur E Wood Medical Clinic in Waynesboro
Health officials said patients must have symptoms of COVID-19, which include a fever of 100.4 and severe cough or chest pain, to be tested. Anyone wanting to be tested should call ahead to make arrangements first.
To date, 1,607,803 people have been tested for coronavirus in Mississippi.