JACKSON, Miss. (WDAM) - The Mississippi State Department of Health reports the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state has risen to 148,300.
MSDH reported 1,005 COVID-19 cases and six additional deaths on Friday, bringing the state total to 148,387 cases and 3,769 deaths.
One death was reported from the Pine Belt as it comes from Lamar County.
Positive test results may have been made during the past several days and represent individuals who became ill a week ago or more.
In the 10 Pine Belt counties, 16,443 COVID-19 cases and 418 deaths have been reported:
- Covington: 1,222 cases, 38 deaths
- Forrest: 3,805 cases, 86 deaths
- Greene: 600 cases, 22 deaths
- Jasper: 820 cases, 22 deaths
- Jefferson Davis: 565 cases, 17 deaths
- Jones: 3,548 cases, 88 deaths
- Lamar: 2,892 cases, 50 deaths
- Marion: 1,158 cases, 46 deaths
- Perry: 661 cases, 26 deaths
- Wayne: 1,172 cases, 23 deaths
MSDH also is reporting over 121,637 Mississippians are presumed to have recovered from the coronavirus.
Use the interactive map below to see a county-by-county breakdown of COVID-19 cases.
Coronavirus tests are available at locations across the state. Click here to find a testing location near you.
Health officials said patients must have symptoms of COVID-19, which include a fever of 100.4 and severe cough or chest pain, to be tested. Anyone wanting to be tested should call ahead to make arrangements first.
To date, more than 1.28 million people have been tested for coronavirus in Mississippi.