JACKSON, Miss. (WDAM) - The Mississippi State Department of Health reports the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state has risen to more than 134,000.
MSDH reported 589 new COVID-19 cases and two additional deaths on Monday, bringing the state totals to 134,898 cases and 3,545 deaths since the outbreak started in the spring.
Of the new cases, 80 were reported in the Pine Belt.
In the 10 Pine Belt counties, 14,724 COVID-19 cases and 391 deaths have been reported:
- Covington: 1,107 cases, 32 deaths
- Forrest: 3,448 cases, 83 deaths
- Greene: 559 cases, 19 deaths
- Jasper: 774 cases, 20 deaths
- Jefferson Davis: 513 cases, 15 deaths
- Jones: 3,263 cases, 86 deaths
- Lamar: 2,604 cases, 47 deaths
- Marion: 1,044 cases, 46 deaths
- Perry: 601 cases, 24 deaths
- Wayne: 1,115 cases, 22 deaths
MSDH also is reporting more than 116,000 Mississippians are presumed to have recovered from the coronavirus.
Use the interactive map below to see a county-by-county breakdown of COVID-19 cases.
Coronavirus tests are available at locations across the state. Click here to find a testing location near you.
To date, more than 1.2 million people have been tested for coronavirus in Mississippi.