FORREST COUNTY, Miss. (WDAM) - A boil water advisory has been issued for the entire Glendale Utility Water District.
The utility said the advisory was issued Thursday because of two major water main breaks. The advisory will be in place for three days and affects all its customers.
MSDH officials say you should follow these guidelines if you’re affected by the boil water advisory:
- Do not drink tap water while the water system is under a boil water advisory.
- Do not drink from water fountains in parks, public or private buildings that receive water from the affected system.
- Do not use ice unless it has been made with boiled water. Freezing will not necessarily kill harmful bacteria.
- Do not use tap water to make drinks, juices, or fountain soft drinks.
- Wash your dishes in boiled water or use paper plates for the next few days.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables with boiled or bottled water since they may have been exposed to affected water from grocery store sprayers.
- Wash your hands and bathe as usual. Bathing is safe as long as no water is swallowed.
- Brush your teeth with boiled or bottled water.
- Cook with tap water if the food will be boiled for at least one minute.