CHOCTAW, Miss. (WTOK) - Pearl River Resort, owned and operated by the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, announced Friday plans for the phased reopening of its Bok Homa Casino and Golden Moon Hotel & Casino properties.
Bok Homa Casino located in Sandersville, Miss., will reopen on Friday, Aug. 7 at 12 noon. Golden Moon Hotel & Casino will reopen to the public Friday, Aug. 14 at 12 noon. The reopening date for the Silver Star Casino property has not yet been set.
“After over four months of closure, we are excited to welcome our guests back and look forward to safely providing them with outstanding service and a comfortable gaming experience,” said William ‘Sonny’ Johnson, president and CEO of Pearl River Resort. “The health and safety of our associates, guests and tribal community remains our top priority.”
The casinos will continue to follow rigorous cleaning and sanitation protocols and will implement the following:
- Guests are asked to adhere to social distancing protocols while waiting to enter.
- Thermal cameras will conduct automatic noninvasive temperature scans at all Guest and Associate entrances. Anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter.
- Installing a top-of-the-line UV lighting technology system to filter and clean the air as it circulates throughout the casinos.
- Will utilize advanced UV technology on the handrails of the escalators and sky-bridge walkways to continuously disinfect as they rotate.
- Will utilize chip cleaning machines to clean and disinfect gaming chips at all table games.
- During designated times, sections of the gaming floor will be closed to allow for cleaning. Electrostatic spraying technology will be used to dispense the appropriate sanitizers and disinfectants in a spray mist to wrap around and evenly coat surfaces for a more complete clean.
- All Guests and Associates will be required to wear a mask or other face covering during their visit.
- Temporarily, no smoking will be permitted within the casinos; designated smoking areas are located outside of the buildings.
- Social distancing protocols are in place throughout the facility.
- Hand-sanitizing stations have been added at the entrances and throughout the facility.
- Some service offerings may be limited or unavailable to help maintain safe social distancing and health and safety guidelines.