JACKSON, Miss. (WDAM) - The Mississippi State Department of Health reported 914 new COVID-19 cases Friday, with 11 additional deaths.
Friday’s numbers bring the total number of reported cases statewide to 29,684 cases and 1,103 deaths.
One of the deaths reported Friday was in Wayne County.
In the 10 Pine Belt counties, a total of 4,065 COVID-19 cases and 149 deaths have been reported:
- Covington: 334 cases; 5 deaths
- Forrest: 851 cases; 42 deaths
- Greene: 101 cases; 8 deaths
- Jasper: 256 cases; 6 deaths
- Jefferson Davis: 109 cases; 4 deaths
- Jones: 1,104 cases; 49 deaths
- Lamar: 440 cases; 7 deaths
- Marion: 270 cases; 11 deaths
- Perry: 65 cases; 4 deaths
- Wayne: 535 cases; 13 deaths
According to MSDH, there are 95 active outbreaks at long-term care facilities in the state, with 10 active outbreaks at facilities in the Pine Belt, as of June 2. MSDH defines an active outbreak as one or more cases among staff or residents associated with a facility.
According to MSDH, the following long-term care facilities in the Pine Belt are experiencing active outbreaks:
- Mississippi State Veterans Home: 1 staff case and 1 resident case.
- Landmark of Collins: 4 staff cases and 8 resident cases.
- Hattiesburg Health and Rehab: 1 staff case and 1 resident case.
- Leaksville Rehabilitation & Nursing Center: 14 staff cases, 37 resident cases and five resident deaths.
- Greene County Health and Rehab (DBA Greene County Rural Health Center): 1 staff case.
- Care Center of Laurel: 38 staff cases, 58 resident cases and 14 deaths.
- Ellisville State School (Paul D. Cotton): 10 staff cases and 2 resident cases.
- Ellisville State School Pecan Grove ICF/IID (Rainbow Dorm): 2 staff cases and 1 resident case.
- Pine View Health and Rehabilitation Center: 30 staff cases, 58 resident cases and 4 resident deaths.
- Southern Living Specialty Care: 2 staff cases and 3 resident cases.
Statewide, 19,388 people are presumed to have recovered from the virus.
You can view a full breakdown of the COVID-19 numbers at msdh.ms.gov.