PINE BELT (WDAM) - Gov. Tate Reeves announced plans Thursday to close all public schools in Mississippi through April 17 due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Reeves also said the state would be relax end-of-year tests and accountability.
In the Pine Belt, the following nonpublic schools have also announced closures or delays:
- The Sacred Heart Catholic Elementary and High School has extended spring break to include the week of March 23 to March 27.
- Presbyterian Christian School will be closed the week of March 23 to March 27.
- Lamar Christian School is putting plans in motions for a distance learning program. You can find times for picking up instructional material here.
- Wayne Academy will not have classes the week of March 23 through March 27. They will begin to roll out an online instructional program to continue educational services.
- Sylva Bay Academy, closed the week of March 16 through March 20, is developing a distance learning plan.
- Pearl River Valley Opportunity Head Start and Early Head Start programs will follow the decisions of local school districts. If your school district is closed, the Head Start and Early Head Start will also be closed.
We will continue to update this list as more schools announce closures.
You can find listings for school closures statewide here.