MISSISSIPPI (WDAM) - The Pine Belt was well-represented when the rosters for December’s 33rd annual Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Football Game and 75th annual Bernard Blackwell North-South All-Star Football Game were announced Wednesday morning.
The Mississippi-Alabama game will be made up of senior players from both states who were chosen by all-star coaches and members of the Mississippi Association of Coaches.
Pine Belt players selected to play for the Mississippi team included:
- Columbia High School _ defensive back Jamison Kelly
- George County High School_ defensive lineman McKinnley Jackson
- Oak Grove High School _ offensive lineman Trenton Jackson
- Wayne County High School _ defensive lineman Armondous Cooley
North Forrest High School head coach Anthony Dillon will serve as linebackers coach for the Mississippi team, with Wayne Academy head coach Todd Mangum aboard as an administrative coach.
Tyler Ferguson of Purvis High School was picked as one of the team’s two managers.
The Bernard Blackwell game will feature senior players from north and south Mississippi.
Pine Belt players on the South roster include:
- Collins High School_ defensive back Chris Keys
- Columbia High School _ running back Kentrell Bullock
- Hattiesburg High School _ linebacker Anthony Bullock
- Lumberton High School defensive back Jayson Buckley
- Oak Grove High School _ wide receiver Brandon Hayes
- Petal High School _ running back Micah McGowan; linebacker Jakorian Newsome
- Stone High School _ offensive lineman Zach Bond; defensive back Anthony Petty
- Taylorsville High School _ receiver Jabez Griffith
- Wayne County High School _ defensive lineman Christopher Walley
Hattiesburg High School head coach Tony Vance will head up the South team. His staff will include Stone High School head coach John Feaster, Mt. Olive head coach Dante Durr and HHS assistant coach Donovan Tate acting as assistants for the all-star team.
The Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game will be held at noon on Dec. 14 at the University of Southern Mississippi’s M.M. Roberts Stadium in Hattiesburg.
The North-South All-Star Game will be played at at 11:30 a.m on Saturday, Dec. 21 at Gulfport High School’s Milner Stadium.
Admission for both games will be $10.