HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WDAM) - The City of Hattiesburg is hosting a variety of events and activities to highlight the importance of historic preservation.
From May 21 until May 25, the city will celebrate “Historic Preservation Week.” These events are free and open to the public.
You can view a full schedule of events below:
- Monday, May 21: “In a Fix” Historic Homeowner Workshop 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Walthall Room, 601 Court Street.
- Tuesday, May 22: Walking Tour Showcase of new and recent developments in Downtown Hattiesburg 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. Cultural Center, 723 Main Street.
- Wednesday, May 23: “Preservation is Really about the Future.” 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. Henington House, 601 Walnut Street.
- Thursday, May 24: “Jane’s Walk” – guided community walk through Parkhaven Historic District. 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. Begins at T-Bones, 201 Hardy Street.
- Friday, May 25: This Place Matters Photo Drive. Take a photo in front of your favorite Hattiesburg building and use the hashtags #ThisPlaceMatters and #HistoricHattiesburg. “This Place Matters” hand-held signs are available at City Hall on a first-come-first-served basis by calling (601)-554-1031.
To register for these events, visit the city’s website here.