PINE BELT (WDAM) - Some areas in the Pine Belt experienced heavy downpours overnight, causing rivers to rise and some low-lying areas to flood.
With more rain on the way, additional flooding will be possible throughout the day. Flood waters have already caused damage to roads in the area, forcing some of them to close.
Below is a list of roads that have been closed throughout the Pine Belt:
Worthnall Road (washed out)
Rockhill to Brooklyn Road in south Forrest County (water over the bridge)
AB Simmons Road in south Forrest County (water over road at the Rockhill to Brooklyn intersection)
Janice Brooklyn Road closed (flooding)
Gumpond Road (washed out)
Pearl River County
- Hillsdale Road (flooded)
- State Route 26 at Wolf River, Boley Creek and Gator Creek (flooded)
- Lake Road in the Janice community (road damaged)
- Janice-Brooklyn, Paret tower west to county line (flooded)
The following roads are experiencing flooding but are open. Use with caution:
- 700 block of Bendale Road
- McKenzie Road at Bailey Road
- Freeman Road at multiple places
- Bailey Road at Garner Loop
We will update this list as more closures are reported.