JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Officials say a traveler with measles who visited Mississippi last month did not infect anyone in the state.
State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said Friday that a follow-up investigation found no exposures from the traveler, who visited multiple restaurants in Hattiesburg between April 9 and April 11.
Mississippi has not reported any cases of measles despite the biggest nationwide measles outbreak since 1994. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday that 704 cases have been reported in 22 states.