JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - Powers Fire and Rescue will be holding a tornado relief supplies drive residents in Morton and Scott County who were impacted by tornadoes last Thursday.
Dozens of homes were damaged and nearly a dozen were completely destroyed by a an EF-2 torndo and two EF-1 tornadoes.
You can drop off supplies at the relief supplies trailer at B&C Mobile Homes located at 1513 U.S. Highway 84 East from Tuesday, April 23 through Friday, April 26.
Needed items include:
- Bottled water and sports drinks
- Non-perishable food items
- Paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, napkins)
- Disposable paper plates and plastic utensils
- Baby food, formula and diapers
- Cleaning supplies
- Manual can openers
- First aid supplies
- Flashlights and batteries
- Plastic buckets, garbage bags & gloves for salvage and clean up
- Tools such as rakes, saws, hammers, crow bars, etc. for salvage and clean up
- Pet food particularly for dogs and cats
Donated supplies will be delivered to Morton on Saturday using a truck and trailer provided by Jones County Sheriff Alex Hodge and the Jones County Sheriff’s Office.