PINEBELT, MS (WDAM) - Easter weekend is April 19 through April 22, and WDAM has compiled a list of events across the Pine Belt the entire family can enjoy.
Friday April 19:
- 19th Avenue Baptist Church Easter Drama and Musical Celebration: Happening April 19 at 7 p.m., April 20 at 7 p.m., April 21 at 10:30 a.m., and April 22 at 7 p.m., 19th Avenue Baptist Church will host their annual musical drama telling the story of the last four days of Jesus Christ. The show is free and open to the public.
- West Point Baptist Church’s Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt: The hunt begins at 6:30 p.m. and will end at 9 p.m. at the Hattiesburg Zoo. The event is free and open to the public. Over 4,000 stuffed, plastic eggs will be placed in specific areas throughout the Hattiesburg Zoo.
Saturday April 20:
- 71st Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt: On Saturday, April 20, the Lions Club will host its annual community Easter egg hunt at Vernon Dahmer Park, in partnership with Hattiesburg Parks & Recreation and Omega Psi Phi. This is a free event, and it will begin at 10 a.m.
- 6th Annual Little Black Creek Campground Easter Egg Hunt: Admission is $5 per person. 25,000 eggs will be hidden this year. This year age groups will have separate areas. There will be different times for each group so parents that have two kids can have time to do a hunt with each kid. The 0-1 year old group will start off the hunts and the following age groups will go one after the other. Prizes will be available. Gates open at 9:30 a.m. and the first hunt will start around 11 a.m.
- Maynor Creek Water Park Easter Egg Hunt: Egg hunting will begin at 10 a.m. at Maynor Creek Water Park. There will be sections for children ages 0 -12 and special needs.
- Open Wings of Outreach Care Community Golf Ball Drop and Easter Egg Hunt: The event starts at 12 p.m. at the Columbia Training School Complex. There will over 30,000 eggs filled with candy and gift cards. The event is free and open to the public.
Sunday April 21:
- Hattiesburg Zoo Eggz-Otic Easter Event: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Guests are invited to go wild for games, keeper chats, and entertainment on the splash pad. There will also be the return of the Golden Egg Hun where guest can win prizes ranging from snow cone vouchers to free train and carousel rides, discounts at the Gift Shop, and more. The eggs will be hidden in various locations around the zoo. Two “special” golden eggs are up for grabs for two lucky winners to receive one-of-a-kind, unique prizes. All ages are welcomed. Photo ops with the Easter Bunny will be available 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.