ELLISVILLE, MS (WDAM) _ Five players who helped lead Jones College men’s soccer to a historic season have signed scholarships to continue their careers at four-year schools.
The quintet signing letters-of-intent Wednesday afternoon at the Bobcat Soccer Center included:
- Dalton Morgan (South Jones High School); Belhaven University
- Nick Gibson (Scared Heart High School); Mississippi College
- .Lucas Middleton (Hemsworth, England); Trevecca Nazarene University
- Thomas Carlile (Athgarvan, Ireland); Auburn University-Montgomery
- Glenn Waters (Dungarvan, Ireland); William Carey University
Last season, Jones won its first Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges championship and advanced to the National Junior College Athletic Association South District playoffs for the first time school history.
Jones posted a 14-3-1 record – a single season record for wins –and advanced to the NJCAA Division I playoffs, where the Bobcats fell to No. 4 Tyler Junior College.
“It’s great to have layers move on to continue their soccer careers at four-year institutions,” JC coach Brendan Connolly said. “All five lads were a huge part of our success this season in winning our first MACJC title. They all provided real quality on the field and leadership off it. Each one was an important contributor to our success and they will be missed.
“We are proud to have them continue to represent Jones as they move on.”