HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - The city of Hattiesburg is offering a series of adult life classes teaching skills that some may not be familiar with.
Beginning on Tuesday, Jan. 8, Hattiesburg Parks & Recreations will kick off its “Adulting 101” series.
Classes are based on basic self-defense, financial planning, sewing skills, basic car maintenance, resume and interview skills as well as communication and stress management skills.
Mayor Toby Barker says the courses are designed to help Hattiesburg attract and retain young professionals. The classes are open to grown-ups of any age.
Here’s a full list of the Adulting 101 class schedule:
- Tuesday, January 8 - Week 1: How to Protect Yourself
- Tuesday, January 15 - Week 2: How to Manage Money
- Tuesday, January 22 - Week 3: How to Sew a Button
- Tuesday, January 29 - Week 4: How to Function When AAA is Not an Option
- Tuesday, February - Week 5: How to Get a Job
- Tuesday, February 12 - Week 6: How to Manage Stress