OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WDAM TV, 2363 Hwy 11, Moselle, Ms 39459 and Minit Mart, 343 Hwy 589, Purvis, Ms. 39475, Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at Oct 3, 2008 and ends at Dec. 11, 2008 Entries must be received by 5pm on Dec 8, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Lamar, Forrest, or Pearl River counties in Mississippi, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WDAM TV, and Minit Mart and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. No limit on entries per individual, and multiple entries will be allowed.
- 3. How to Enter. There is TWO ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at Oct 3, 2008, individuals can log on to www.wdam.com and complete the online entry form. Complete rules are posted at on wdam.com. Entries can also be made at the 18 Minit Mart locations around the above listed counties. Complete rules are posted at each entry location. Entries must be received by 5 pm, Dec 8, 2008 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Beginning Oct 1, 2008, WDAM viewers can register for a chance to win a weekly $25 gas card from Minit Mart, either by entering at store locations or online to wdam.com. Entries must be received by 5 pm, each Thursday, from Oct 9, 2008 thru Dec 4, 2008. The random weekly drawing winners will be chosen each Friday, from Oct 10, 2008 thru Dec 5, 2008 and posted on wdam.com. Individuals must re-enter each week for chance at each week's gas card. The Grand Prize winner($1000 gas card), second ($500 gas card) and third place ($250 gas card) winners will be chosen on Dec 8, 2008 by random drawing from all location entries and all online entries received during the entire contest period. They will be announced on a pre-taped segment on News 7 Today Show on Dec 11, 2008 and posted on wdam.com.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion
- 4. Prize(s).
There will be a total of 9 weekly $25 gas cards from Minit Mart. The one Grand Prize winner will receive a $1000 gas card, the one second place winner will receive a $500 gas card and one third place winner will receive a $250 gas card.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
How the Prizes are Awarded. Beginning Oct 3, 2008, WDAM viewers can register for a chance to win a weekly $25 gas card from Minit Mart, either by entering at store locations or online to wdam.com. Entries must be received by 5 pm, each Thursday, from Oct 9, 2008 thru Dec 4, 2008. The random weekly drawing winners will be chosen each Friday, from Oct 10, 2008 thru Dec 5, 2008 and posted on wdam.com. Individuals must re-enter each week for chance at each week's gas card. The Grand Prize winner($1000 gas card), second ($500 gas card) and third place ($250 gas card) winners will be chosen on Dec 8, 2008 by random drawing from all location entries and all online entries received during the entire contest period. They will be announced on a pre-taped segment on News 7 Today Show on Dec 11, 2008 and posted on wdam.com.
- 5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries and the effort and results of the finalists.
- 6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 11 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Dec. 22, 2008 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WDAM TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WDAM TV if WDAM TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WDAM TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- 7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- 8. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WDAM TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WDAM TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).