Woman injured in Hattiesburg apartment fire

At least one person is injured after a fire broke out at a Hattiesburg apartment complex this morning.

Authorities said the fire started sometime around 8 a.m. at Pinehaven Apartments on Helveston road.

Fire investigator Andy Cartlidge believes the blaze was started by a child playing with a cigarette lighter.

Officials said a woman who lives in the complex was taken to the hospital after jumping out of a second-story window.

We will have more on this story later today.