Man burned in meth lab fire dies - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Man burned in meth lab fire dies

A 38-year-old man has died from burns he suffered after allegedly cooking methamphetamine in a shed.

Harrison County Sheriff George Payne Jr. says Wade David Collins, Jr. suffered burns last week from a meth-lab fire on the east side of Harrison County just hours after deputies stopped "a rolling methamphetamine lab" on the county's west side.

The D'Iberville man was taken in a private vehicle to Biloxi Regional Medical Center and then transported to a burn center in Baton Rouge, where he died Friday.

Payne said deputies investigating the July 17th fire found chemicals used to make methamphetamine and believe the fire started while Collinsgru was cooking a batch of meth in a shed on Pierce Road.
 

Powered by Frankly