LAUREL, MS (WDAM) - A Laurel family lost their home to a house fire early Monday morning.
According to Capt. Lance Chancellor, with the Powers Fire Department, the blaze sparked in the 150 block of Jordan Drive around 3:30 a.m. The home was engulfed in flames with a partially collapsed roof by the time the first firefighters arrived.
Initial calls indicated the fire was in a mobile home, but it was later confirmed to be a wooden home. Chancellor said two people lived in the house, but no one was home when the fire broke out.
Five different volunteer stations responded to the blaze. No injuries were reported.