HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - Eleven Pine Belt players represented for their respective high schools in Saturday's D.M. Howie All-Star games at William Carey's Milton Wheeler Field.
In the Class 1A/2A game, North beat the South 8-6. Richton's Kyle Earwood and coach Clay Bush represented the Rebels. Jones County Junior College signee Easton Rainer (Clarkdale) and William Carey commit Patrick Lee (Resurrection) also suited up for the South team.
The Class 3A/4A South team came back from a 6-1 deficit to beat the North 11-6. A number of Pine Belt players and college signees competed in the second game of the day.
- Adarius Myers (Seminary) – Louisiana Tech signee
- Garrett Robbins (Sumrall) – PRCC signee
- Reid Reynolds (Northeast Jones) – PRCC signee
- Trey Hobgood (Columbia) – PRCC signee
- Fisher Norris (Seminary) – Southern Miss signee
- Bailee Hendon (Vancleave) – JCJC signee
- Chase Tilghman (West Lauderdale) – JCJC signee
- Aubrey Gillentine (Amory) – Southern Miss signee
- Coleton Ausbern (Nettleton) – JCJC signee
Seminary outfielder Adarius Myers earned MVP honors after going 3-for-3 in the South's win.
"Just try to have fun, that's what it was all about," Myers said. "Being against the best guys in the state, I just came out to compete and that's just what happened. I'm just blessed. I don't even know what to say because I didn't come out here expecting to go 3-for-3. After that first hit I was like, alright I got that one, I'm going to try and go get another one. I was thinking about it last night. I'm going to get to wear this jersey one more time in a game. My friend Dalton [Cummins] was basically a part of the heart and soul of our team just as much as me and Fisher and he didn't get to make it. I did it basically for him too, just trying to show everybody that Seminary baseball isn't really a joke."
The class 5A/6A ball game was cancelled due to inclement weather. However, a number of area players were named to that team as well.
- Austen Izzio (Pearl River Central) – PRCC signee
- Joe Gray Jr. (Hattiesburg) – Milwaukee Brewers draftee/Ole Miss signee
- Max Sharp (South Jones) – Meridian Community College signee
- Dexter Jordan (Hattiesburg) – Louisiana-Lafayette signee
- Evan Bynum (West Jones) – PRCC signee
- Brendan Hardy (Harrison Central) – JCJC signee
- Gabe Lacy (Gulfport) – JCJC signee
- Kirkland Trahan (Madison Central) – JCJC signee