HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - University of Southern Mississippi football fans will be able to watch all 12 of the Golden Eagles' regular-season football games this fall.
But for at least half those weekends, be prepared to put aside the television clicker and fire up the digital device of your choice.
Oh, and also be prepared to pay.
As part of Conference USA's new multi-year contract with ESPN announced last week, more than 175 of its sporting events will be available through ESPN3 and the network's newly-launched, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service, ESPN+.
The agreement triples the number of C-USA events that will appear on ESPN carriers, with more than 100 earmarked for ESPN+, including five USM football games. The service is available for $4.99 a month.
The Golden Eagles also will have at least three games slotted on ESPN3. Three other games will be carried on Stadium, beIN SPORTS and Facebook.
The carrier and game time for the Golden Eagles' Sept. 29 game at Auburn University will be announced at a later date.
"Building upon our previous multimedia partnership announcements with CBS, Stadium and Facebook, we were committed to extending our association with ESPN," C-USA commissioner Judy MacLeod said in a statement. "ESPN has continually positioned itself on the forefront of digital distribution and emerging platforms, which makes them an ideal fit for us. We look forward to sharing the C-USA brand with their extensive audience for many more years."
No financial details were available regarding the contract, nor how the money would be allocated to C-USA's 14 members.
ESPN will air about 45 football games, 60 regular-season men's basketball games and 28 regular-season women's basketball games. ESPN also will pick up first-round games at the 2019 C-USA Basketball Championship in Frisco, Texas.
ESPN also serve as the primary postseason home for:
- Men’s soccer: All six games, including the championship
- Women’s soccer, All seven games, including the championship
- Volleyball: All seven games, including the championship
- Baseball: All games leading up to the championship,, which will air on CBS Sports
- Softball: All games leading up to the championship,, which will air on CBS Sports
ESPN's digital platforms will also spotlight additional C-USA championships throughout the year with special highlight shows. The sports expected to be featured include cross country, indoor and outdoor track and field, swimming and diving, golf and tennis.
USM's 2018 football schedule
- Sept. 1: Jackson State University (ESPN+), Hattiesburg, 6 p.m.
- Sept. 8: University of Louisiana-Monroe (ESPN3), Hattiesburg, 6 p.m.
- Sept. 15: Appalachian State University (ESPN+), Booneville, N.C., 2:30 p.m.
- Sept. 22: Rice University* (ESPN+), Hattiesburg, 6 p.m.
- Sept. 29: Auburn University (TBA), Auburn, Ala., TBA
- Oct. 13: University of North Texas* (ESPN3), Denton, Texas, 1 p.m.
- Oct. 20: University of Tex-San Antonio* (ESPN+), Hattiesburg, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 27: University of North Carolina-Charlotte* (ESPN3), Charlotte, N.C., 1 p.m.
- Nov. 3: Marshall University* (Stadium/Facebook), Hattiesburg, 2 p.m.
- Nov. 10: University of Alabama-Birmingham* (beIN SPORTS), Birmingham, Ala., 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 17: Louisiana Tech University* (Stadium), 2:30 p.m.
- Nov. 24: University of Texas-El Paso* (ESPN+), El Paso, Texas, 2 pm.
*denotes Conference USA game. All times Central.