HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - Two juveniles have been arrested in connection to a string of burglaries that happened in the Hub City over the past few months, and police say more arrests are expected.
Hattiesburg Police Department spokesman Ryan Moore said the young burglars hit one commercial and seven residential properties in the area around Kamper Park over a six-week period:
- April 23: Commercial burglary in the 300 block of Broad Street
- May 17: Residential burglary in the 100 block of Palmetto Street
- May 20-21: Residential burglary in the 100 block of Conti Street
- May 5: Residential burglary in the 200 block of South 17th Avenue
- June 5: Residential burglary in the 200 block of South 17th Avenue
- June 5: Residential burglary in the 100 block of Conti Street
- June 6: Residential burglary in the 1200 block of Concart Street
- June 6: Residential burglary in the 100 block of south 15th Avenue
Moore said increased patrols in the area involving undercover officers, bike patrols and tips from the community led to the arrest.
The juveniles were arrested Thursday and charged with seven counts of residential burglary and one count of commercial burglary.
Moore said the juveniles are both under the age of 16 and will not be identified by police.
According to police, more charges and arrests are expected in the case. If you have any information that could help detectives, please call the Hattiesburg Police Department or Crime Stoppers at 601-582-7867.