HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - Residents in Hattiesburg will have options when it comes to how they spend their time this upcoming weekend. On Wednesday, Mayor Toby Barker declared April 21 as the "Busiest Day for a Hattiesburger" during a press conference at City Hall.
"When our staffed looked over the coming days and we were planning for where we needed city crews and where I was going to be, we were amazed at how much was going on in the Hub City this weekend. So much so that I am proclaiming Saturday, April 21, as the 'Busiest Day of the Year for a Hattiesburger,'" Barker said. "I'm issuing a verbal decree that everyone who can get out needs to get out and enjoy all that Hattiesburg has to offer this weekend. No matter where you live in our dear city, no matter where your interests are, there's something for you this weekend."
The press conference highlighted 12 events set to take place between Friday and Sunday.
"Hattiesburg never lacks in things to do particularly on the weekends," Barker said. "[In] a dynamic city, there is always some event to take part in, some concert to attend, some benefit to support, some tradition to start and most importantly, some people to do life with whether longtime friends or new acquaintances that in many instances will become lifelong friends."
Barker insisted residents take advantage of the opportunity with the expected good weather and variety of events this weekend.
"You will not find a more exciting town in Mississippi or even across the region this weekend than Hattiesburg, Mississippi," he said. "I encourage all of our citizens to get out and enjoy our incredible quality of life."
You can view the full list of events from the city below:
FRIDAY, APRIL 20:
- Friday, Mississippi Guitar Festival 2018, at Southern Miss, 8 a.m.
- Friday, William Carey University Softball v. Blue Mountain, 3 p.m.
- Friday, Smoke & Beer Festival (smoked meat & craft beer), at The Porter, 3 p.m.
- Friday, Live at Five w/ the Cedric Burnside Project, at Town Square Park, 5 p.m.
- Friday, Red Carnation Gala, at The Venue, 5 p.m.
- Friday, William Carey University Homecoming Alumni Banquet, at Southern Oaks, 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, William Carey University Baseball v. Blue Mountain, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Friday Night Magic, Top Tier Board Games, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Thomas Jackson, at Strick's BBQ, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Southern Miss Baseball v. MTSU, at Pete Taylor Park, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Spa Party with Sweet Daddy's Soap Co., at Greenhouse Yoga, 6:45 p.m.
- Friday, Live Music: Andrew Weekes of Deltaphonic, at Murky Waters BBQ, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Live Music: Alcus Hudson with Thomas Jenkins, at Sully's, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Beauty and the Beast JR, at The Saenger, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, William Carey University Theater presents "The Fantastiks," at Virginia Tatum Theater, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Hub City Guitar Duo, at Blu Jazz Cafe, 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, APRIL 21:
- Saturday, Hattie Hundred 2018 Bike Ride, at Hattiesburg Train Depot, 7 a.m.
- Saturday, Record Store Day 2018, at T-Bone's Records & Cafe, 8 a.m.
- Saturday, Deen & Tate End of Watch Ride, at Hattiesburg Cycles, 8 a.m.
- Saturday, CPSG Voodoo 5k Run, at Walthall Park, 8 a.m.
- Saturday, Right Way to Throw Away Day, at Bobby Chain Municipal Airport & Lamar County Multi Purpose Center, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Mississippi Guitar Festival 2018, at Southern Miss, 8 a.m.
- Saturday, Tri Delta Triple Play 2018!, at Southern Miss, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, Eagle Fest Tailgate Party, at Fuzzy's, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, Southern Miss Athletics Eagle Fest Black & Gold Game, at The Rock, Noon
- Saturday, Dixie Youth Baseball Opening Day, at Cameron Park, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, Track & Field Opening Day, at DI Patrick Stadium, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, William Carey University Homecoming Parade, on Campus, 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, Eagle Fest Tailgate Party
- Saturday, Free Community Workout in the Park, at Kamper Park, 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, Downtown Crawfish Jam Music Festival 2018, at Walthall Park, 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, Olympic Weightlifting Workshop with Spike Richards, at Fourth Street Crossfit, 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, Trim Tab Brewing Collab: Drinking Games IPA, at Southern Prohibition, Noon
- Saturday, “ALL YOU CAN” Crawfish boil on the Deck!!!!, at Marlins, 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Southern Miss Baseball v. MTSU, at Pete Taylor Park, 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Beauty and the Beast JR, at Hattiesburg Saenger, 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, William Carey University Sports Hall of Fame Dinner, at Southern Oaks, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Live Music: Jesse Howell, LIVE MUSIC, at Blu Jazz Cafe, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Live Music: Richard Zachary, at Sully's, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Centric Soul Presents Good Vybes, at The HUB Hattiesburg, 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Live Music: Wild Frames, at Thirsty Hippo, 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Live Music: Mario Mena Band, at Brewsky's, 10 p.m.
SUNDAY, APRIL 22: