JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - The Jones County Emergency Operations Center is currently looking for 2-3 part-time dispatchers.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid drivers' license, pass a criminal background check, be able to pass a polygraph test, psychological evaluation and drug screening.
- Be knowledgeable of computers
- The ability to type at least 30 words per minute
- Ability to multi-task
- Be available for shift work (Nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Be able to work well with others in a stressful environment
- Answering 911 and non-emergency calls
Interested applicants also must be able to monitor radio traffic for five law enforcement agencies, nineteen volunteer fire departments, and two career fire departments.
Anyone interested in these positions are asked to come by the Jones County EOC office located at 22 Mason Street in Laurel to fill out an application. The office is located around the corner of Mason and Magnolia directly in front of the Laurel Police Department.