JEFFERSON DAVIS COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - Three family members died in a mobile home fire in Jefferson Davis County over the weekend.
Carlos Smith, 36, Latoya Smith, 34, and 1-year-old Ivory Smith all died from smoke inhalation on Saturday, March 3, according to Jefferson Davis County Coroner Jimmy Slater. All three victims suffered from thermal injuries.
Slater said only three people were inside the home at the time of the fire.
The fire has been ruled accidental and likely the cause was an overloaded extension cord or a space heater, according to the state fire marshal. There was no working alarm inside the mobile home at the time of the fire.
A prayer vigil was held for the family on Thursday night.