WDAM - Friday is Feb. 9, and that means it's National Pizza Day!
Here are a few facts about pizza:
- The average pizzeria uses about 55 pizza boxes every day.
- Each person in America eats about 46 slices of pizza a year.
- Approximately 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year.
- The largest pizza ever made was made in Johannesburg, South Africa at the Norwood Pick 'n Pay Hypermarket. It weighed 26,883 pounds.
- 93 percent of Americans eat pizza at least once a month.
Check out these latest deals from your favorite pizza restaurants:
Papa John's: Save 40 percent off an online order with the coupon code "40PIZZA"
Little Caesars: Get extra pepperoni and cheese for $1 when you upgrade to Little Caesars "Extramostbestest" at your participating store.
Baskin-Robbins: You can try FREE samples of the new Sweetheart Polar Pizza Ice Cream from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Domino's: Choose any two pizzas or more for $5.99 each.
Cicis: All you can eat pizza, pasta, salad and desserts for $5.99. (Kids: $4.75)