Monday, December 9 2013 9:04 PM EST2013-12-10 02:04:33 GMT
A 12-year-old Pike County child is recovering from an attack by a pit bull dog, outside McComb. The dog lives across the street from the 12 year old's grandfather's house on Morgantown Road. TravonteMore >>
A 12-year-old Pike County child is recovering from an attack by a pit bull dog, outside McComb. The dog lives across the street from the 12 year old's grandfather's house on Morgantown Road.More >>
Monday, December 9 2013 4:28 PM EST2013-12-09 21:28:53 GMT
A Perry County woman plead guilty Monday morning to manslaughter charges from 2012. Margaret Campbell appeared before circuit court Judge Robert Helfrich, saying she was guilty to killing her husbandMore >>
A Perry County woman plead guilty Monday morning to manslaughter charges from 2012.More >>
Monday, December 9 2013 4:52 PM EST2013-12-09 21:52:23 GMT
Ricky Lee Rutland, 52, was charged with sexual battery in Marion County in October of 2011. Rutland plead guilty to the lesser offense of fondling before Judge Anthony Mozingo Monday morning in Purvis.More >>
Rutland plead guilty to the lesser offense of fondling before Judge Anthony Mozingo Monday morning in Purvis.More >>
Roughly three years ago, a man referred to in a federal indictment as "Visitor LF" went to Men's Central Jail to discuss his inability to visit his brother there. Instead, a Los Angeles County Sheriff's...More >>
Roughly three years ago, a man referred to in a federal indictment as "Visitor LF" went to Men's Central Jail to discuss his inability to visit his brother there. Instead, a Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy...More >>
Click here to watch WDAM live at 5 to 7 a.m. - noon - 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. and on Saturday 6 p.m. and Sunday at 10 p.m.More >>
Between work, school and extracurricular activities, little time is left for sit-down meals. Americans are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions.
1) Nutritious Foods in a Pocket Stuff a pita bread with any combination from the fridge. Try pasta salad tossed with shredded cheese, apple cubes and raisins topped with yogurt, or deli meat and cheese layered with veggies.
2) Glorious Leftovers Portion leftovers such as lasagna, macaroni and cheese or mashed potatoes in microwave-safe containers so kids can "heat and eat" them with a cold glass of chocolate milk.
3) Movie Madness Before pressing the play button for the next movie, create a spiced up version of traditional popcorn by adding pretzels, cheddar cheese cubes and a tablespoon of taco seasoning to the mix.
4) Nachos in a Minute Top tortilla chips with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and cook in the microwave until cheese melts; serve with salsa.
5) Anyway Potato Bake a potato in the microwave. Slice open and add leftover chili stew, broccoli or salsa. Top with shredded cheese and microwave again until cheese melts.
6) Breakfast Anytime Heat frozen pancakes or French toast in the microwave for a quick snack with a glass of milk and fruit. Or add sliced fruit to a bowl of cereal and milk. It’s great — and easy - anytime of day.
7) Grab and Go Foods Keep the fridge and pantry stocked with flavored milk, fresh fruit, string cheese, bagels and large pretzels.
8) Shake Up Some Nutrition Kids love milkshakes and they’re packed with plenty of calcium and protein. Combine 1 cup milk, 2 to 3 scoops of ice cream or frozen yogurt, and 2 to 3 tablespoons of flavored syrup. Blend until smooth and creamy.
9) Spreads Galore Top bagels with cream cheese or cottage cheese, shredded carrots and zucchini, thawed raspberries or strawberries, or chopped dried fruit.
10) Crispy Cheese Treats Create Parmesan crisps by baking individual tablespoons of shredded cheese on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees F until the cheese bubbles (about 5 minutes).
(Courtesy of the National Dairy Council ® )
Provided by Heather Bauer, a Registered Dietician (RD) specializing in the interrelation between eating habits, metabolism, and lifestyle. Visit nu-train for more tips and tricks and sign up for her monthly newsletter.
2362 U.S. Hwy 11
Moselle, MS 39459
1-800-844-WDAM (9326) Email Us