HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - The City of Hattiesburg, along with Petal, Forrest County, and Lamar County have scheduled their hazardous waste disposal day.
Right Way to Throw Away Day is an event held for people to properly dispose of household hazardous waste.
Collection sites will be at the Bobby L. Chain Airport and the Lamar County Multi-Purpose Center on April 22 from 8:00- 2:00 p.m.
Items allowed for drop off are:
- Aerosols, All-purpose cleaners, Ammonia, Anti-freeze,
- Appliances, Automobile Cleaner, Barbecue Lighter Fluid,
- Batteries, Brake fluid, Chlorine Bleach, Detergents,
- Disinfectants, Drain Opener, Furniture Polish,
- Herbicides, Insecticides, Mothballs, Motor Oils, Oil
- Filters, Oven Cleaners, Paint, Paint Thinner, Pesticides,
- Photographic Development Chemicals, Pool Chemicals,
- Rodent Poison, Rubber Cement, Rug and Upholstery
- Cleaner, Silver Polish, Tires, Transmission Fluid,
- Turpentine, Varnish, Water Sealer, Wood Finish
Items not allowed for drop-off are:
- Medical Waste
- Radioactive Material
This event is in partnership with Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, USM and William Carey University.
For more information on the event call 601-545-4500 or 601-794-1024.