JONES COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - Jones County schools will begin kindergarten pre-registration soon.
Kindergarten Pre-Registration will be held at all Jones County School District Elementary Schools on the following two days:
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 from 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm
- Friday, April 7, 2017 from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm
This pre-registration will be for all new kindergarten students for the 2017-18 school term.
Parents should bring the following for pre-registration:
- Child (each child will be given a Readiness Screener)
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Original Certificate of Compliance Immunization Form (Form 121/122)
- Two (2) Current Proofs of Residence (connected to the home)
- Social Security Card (Optional)
Parents may complete the online application in advance beginning March 30th at www.jones.k12.ms.us. Parents without Internet access may complete the online application in the school lab on one of the registration dates.
All Kindergarten students along with a parent/guardian should report to the school on a registration date, so the student may be screened. The child must be 5 years of age on, or before, September 1, 2017.
The following schools will hold Kindergarten Pre-Registration:
- East Jones Elementary
- Glade Elementary
- Moselle Elementary
- North Jones Elementary
- South Jones Elementary
- West Jones Elementary