HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - Time is running out for you to participate in an annual program which provides Christmas gifts to needy senior citizens in the Pine Belt.
The deadline for the seventh annual "Be a Santa to a Senior" is Friday, Dec. 9.
It's organized by Home Instead Senior Care.
To take part, just pick an ornament from one of ten trees located across South Mississippi. Then buy the requested gfit and drop it off, unwrapped, to Home Instead Senior Care's office at 2122 Oak Grove Rd. in Hattiesburg.
The folks there will wrap and deliver it.
"A lot of times, (the requested gifts are) really basic stuff, a fleece blanket, they love pajamas, they like bath robes, slippers, fuzzies, socks, so it's really pretty basic, to give joy to a senior," said Anna Edenfield, co-owner of Home Instead Senior Care in Hattiesburg.
Edenfield is hoping to get gifts for more than 500 seniors this Christmas.
Here is a complete list of locations for the "Be a Santa to a Senior" Christmas trees-
· Turtle Creek Mall, 1000 Creek Drive, Hattiesburg, MS
· Bancorp South, 317 North 5th Ave, Laurel, MS
· Bancorp South, 110 South 16th Avenue, Laurel, MS
· Carter's Jewelers, 35 Byrd Blvd., Petal MS
· Southern MS Federal Credit Union, 3318 Hardy St., Hattiesburg, MS
· Southern MS Federal Credit Union, 202 W. Central Ave., Petal, MS
· Edward Jones, 6760 US Highway 98, Hattiesburg, MS
· Priority One Bank, 6776 Highway 98 West, Hattiesburg, MS
· Parris Jewelers, U.S. Highway 98, Hattiesburg, MS
· Zellco Credit Union, 547 Eagle Day Ave., Columbia, MS