LAMAR COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - Lamar County authorities served a search warrant Wednesday morning and arrested five people on various drug charges.
Members of the Lamar County Sheriff's Department served the warrant at a home in the 200 block of Munn Road near Sumrall.
"This is an investigation that has been going on roughly a month, and it all started from tips we got from the community when they realized there was illegal activity going on," Lamar County Sheriff Danny Rigel said.
The suspects that were arrested include:
- Sandra Lucille Merrit, 53, of Lumberton – charged with sale of controlled substance (meth)
- Jonathan Bennie Crawford, 25, of Sumrall –charged with sale of controlled substance (meth)
- Leroy Joseph Ellis, 44, of Sumrall –charged with sale of controlled substance (2) (meth)
- James Mitchell Graham Sr., 58, of Sumrall – charged with sale of a controlled substance (2) (meth)
- Shena Elaine Taormina, 40, of Sumrall –charged with possession of a controlled substance (meth)
Authorities discovered an undisclosed amount of meth during the search warrant.
"We always need help from the public, when we know there is something going on, we can come in and start an investigation and take care of the problem," Rigel said.