HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - The Declaration of Independence, the Statue of Liberty, the Star Spangled Banner, and hot dogs are all topics of discussion on July 4th.
WDAM 7 News asked some people in the Pine Belt a few trivia questions.
People were picked at random, and participants range in ages.
1. How many people signed the Declaration of Independence?
--56 men signed it
2. How tall is the statue of liberty?
Total overall height from the base of foundation to the tip of the torch is 305 feet, 6 inches.
3. How man hot dogs are consumed each 4th of July?
---Roughly 150 million
4. How much chicken is purchased in the week prior to July 4th?
---700 million pounds
5. Who wrote the star spangled banner?
---Francis Scott Key
6. When were fireworks first used to celebrate the Fourth of July?
---The initial fireworks were ignited in 1777 to commemorate the first anniversary of the American colonies' Declaration of Independence.
7. Where is the declaration of independence now?
---The National Archives building in Washington D.C.
8. Who did the U.S. declare their independence from?
9. Who has the largest signature on the Declaration of Independence?