PINE BELT (WDAM) - More than 9,000 people are without power during Friday night's severe thunderstorms.
Here are the following power outages in the Pine Belt area:
- Mississippi Power: 1,441 customers affected
- Pearl River Valley EPA: 17 customers affected
- Dixie EPA: 3,787 customers affected
- Southern Pine EPA: 2,873 customers affected
- Singing River EPA: 1,044 customers affected
Pine Belt counties reported with power outages include Forrest, Jones, Perry, Wayne, Jeff Davis, Lamar, Jasper and Covington counties.
Crews are en route to restore outages. Dixie Electric has restored about 500 customers so far.