PINE BELT (WDAM) - Two Pine Belt restaurants have been cited for violations by The Mississippi Health Department.
Ms. Ree's Pit Stop & Grill in Soso, which was sold in January and now operates under the name Grandma's kitchen, had an inspection on May 10 that resulted in a 'C' rating.
We spoke to the previous owner Rita Jeffcoat who said that she sold the business January 17 and the new owners never filed proper paperwork to change the name for the health department.
The C rating was received for food at improper temperatures, improper cooking times, and temperatures that were not observed.
There was also an issue in the plumbing and back flow device category, landing the eatery out of compliance.
The restaurant received a follow up inspection eight days later that brought their rating back up to an A.
Parker's seafood in Waynesboro also received a C rating during their May 16 inspection.
The citation was for food not separated and protected, as well as toxic substances not properly identified, stored or used.
Both violations were corrected on site, but both are also repeat offenses.