PINE BELT (WDAM) - Are you eating out for dinner tonight? Make sure you check out this week's recent health inspections of restaurants and other food facilities.
Two Pine Belt restaurants got a C or below grade. A grade C rating means there were critical health violations present at the restaurant at the time of inspection that had not been corrected.
According to The Mississippi Department of Health's website, those that score a grade C will be re-inspected, and need to have all violations corrected in a time period of 10 days.
If violations are not corrected in the specified time, steps are taken to suspend the facility's permit to operate.
A C grade is also given if critical violations are repeated from the last inspection, even if they were corrected at that time.
Golden Dragon in Petal scored a C and was not in compliance in the category of safety conditions of their food.
Matt Yang of The Golden Dragon released the following statement on Saturday:
The Eatza Pizza in Laurel also scored a C, and were not in compliance in the category where insects, rodents and animals were not present. The restaurant also was not in compliance in the category where sewage waste water was properly disposed. Eatza Pizza manager Mark Stapp said as of Thursday morning, the business took care of the problem and should be in compliance when the restaurant has its next review within 10 days.
A total of nine restaurants in the state scored a C in their health rating this week.
The list included:
- Terza One Stop 22023 Hwy 6 East, Batesville
- Malibu's Wings 1001 Barnes Crossing Rd. #704, Tupelo
- D'casa 1001 Barnes Crossing #402, Tupelo
- Threadgill School 1001 Broad St., Greenwood
- Nelson's Soul Food & Grill 809 North Main St, Calhoun City
- West Street Bq 3727 West St, Jackson
- Golden Dragon 35 Byrd Blvd. Suite 701, Petal
- Eatza Pizza 1138 Hwy 15 N, Laurel
- Ceasar Country Store 702 Bouie Road, Picayune
To view health inspections for Mississippi restaurants, click here.