An evacuation was ordered at North Forrest High School Wednesday morning after smoke was seen coming from the school.
Dale Coleman, Director of Student Affairs and School Safety for Forrest County schools released the following statement Wednesday afternoon:
"We had a heater fan that got overheated in a classroom that smoked up a little bit. In that process our first instincts were to protect the children and evacuate them from the school, 911 was called immediately. At that point in time it was determined what the cause of the situation was, and we are in the process of taking care of it now. They pumped everything, all the smoke out of there, and they are in the process of repairing it right now.”
There was no structure damage or injuries, and classes have resumed.