WASHINGTON, D.C. (WDAM) - This is a press release from the U.S. Postal Service
Customers are always at the front of the line at this Post Office that never closes. With a click of the mouse customers can conveniently ship from their homes to any location by scheduling a next-day package pickup — saving a trip to the Post Office.
During fiscal 2015 (Oct. 1, 2014-Sept. 30, 2015) usps.com generated more than $1 billion in sales — a major milestone for the 15-year-old site. The sales exceeded that of all Post Offices combined in the following media markets: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Dallas.
Usps.com can provide virtually any service offered at a brick-and-mortar Post Office.
- Track Packages — My USPS is an easier way to receive updates for incoming packages with real-time delivery notifications which are available within a few minutes of the delivery scan for select packages. My USPS filters updates for all incoming packages in one central dashboard, which is accessible on mobile devices and desktop computers.
- Purchase Shipping and Mailing Supplies — Visit the Postal Store to purchase the Charlie Brown Forever stamps and other stamps to use for the holiday season, and order free shipping supplies, including boxes.
- Schedule a Free Package Pickup — Schedule a Pickup, and a carrier will get the package during regular delivery. Multiple pickups can be requested once an account is created on usps.com.
- Ship Packages — Consumers can use Click-N-Ship as a stress-free tool to pay and print postage for holiday gifts from a mobile device or desktop computer. Sign up to start creating shipping labels and pay for the postage online.
- Hold Mail — Going away? Take advantage of the Request Hold Mail Service. All your mail is kept safely at the local Post Office until you return.
- Forward Mail — For a fee, mail can be held, packaged, and shipped weekly by Priority Mail using Premium Forward Service.
- Ship Internationally — Depending upon the type of service selected, save money off retail prices when printing a shipping label from home. Use the built-in address form to transfer information into country-specific customs forms.
- Calculate Postage — The postage price calculator provides estimates for sending packages, domestically or internationally.
Customers can complete the steps to change an address on the USPS mobile app by simply clicking on the Change of Address icon. This convenient feature for USPS Mobile customers is in addition to others, including: USPS Tracking, My USPS, Ship Online, Buy Stamps, Find a Post Office Location, Calculate (or Look Up) Prices, ZIP Codes, Schedule a Pickup and Hold Mail.
Delivering for the Holidays
The Postal Service expects to deliver more than 15.5 billion cards, letters, flats, and packages during the 2015 holiday season. In addition, USPS is projecting that approximately 600 million packages will be delivered between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve — an increase of 10.5 percent over last year's volume.