Fire damages Petal home

Fire damages Petal home
House fire scene.

PETAL, MS (WDAM) - A quick response by the Petal Fire Department saved a two-story home in Petal Tuesday night.

Emergency responders got the call of a house fire at 26 Joanna Drive off Lynn Ray Road in Petal around 6:30 p.m. and were on scene within minutes.

Fire officials on scene said it appears the fire started from an electrical panel on the outside of the house, and the damage to the home was minimal.

The group of homes is located behind the former Checkers Hall of Fame, and were once rented to people that were participating in events at the location.

Emergency officials also noted the quick response played a key role in keeping the fire from spreading to nearby woods, and the fact that no one was injured.

Petal police, Forrest County Sheriff's Deputies, Forrest County Emergency Management responded to the scene.