A slow cooker recipe that is ideal while we transition into the fall months. This is a recipe that is versatile and can be used in any dish that calls for tender chicken.
Makes 4 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
Cooking time: 4-6 hours
- 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or you can use 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp minute tapioca
1. Place chicken in slow cooker.
2. Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard, pepper and tapioca in a bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on LOW 4-6 hours. Shred up chicken and serve with sauce over rice.
Source: 365 Days of Cooking