In the Mississippi heat, we need all the refreshing drinks we can get. And sometimes, water just isn't enough. Try out this fruity twist on original sweet tea.
- 4 quarts water, divided
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 10 individual tea bags
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and undrained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 qts. of water to a boil. Stir in sugar substitute until dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Add tea bags; steep for 5-8 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- In another saucepan, bring raspberries and remaining water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Strain and discard pulp. Add raspberry juice and lime juice to the tea.
- Transfer to a large pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 15 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Source: Taste of Home