WASHINGTON, D.C. (WDAM) - This is a news release from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
U.S. Deputy Secretary of Commerce Bruce Andrews will travel to Brasilia from June 17-19 to participate in the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum. Ahead of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff's visit to Washington this month, this trip highlights the importance of further strengthening the relationship between two of the world's leading democracies and economies.
Deputy Secretary Andrews will take the place of U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker as co-chair of the forum, alongside U.S. Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economic Affairs Caroline Atkinson; Brazilian Minister of Development, Industry, and Foreign Trade Armando Monteiro; and Minister Chief of the Civil Cabinet of the Presidency of the Republic of Brazil Aloizio Mercadante.
While Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker was originally scheduled to co-chair the CEO Forum, she will be unable to attend due to an injury she suffered on Saturday, June 13 while training for an upcoming triathlon. Her complete recovery is expected in 4-6 weeks.
In addition to government leadership, the U.S.-Brazil CEO Forum brings together U.S. and Brazilian business leaders to provide joint recommendations to the U.S. and Brazilian governments on how to strengthen our bilateral economic and commercial ties. The Forum underscores the important role of the U.S. and Brazilian private sectors in promoting more trade and investment between the two countries.
The following senior executives will be in attendance:
- style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Stephen F. Angel, Chairman, President and CEO (Praxair, Inc.)
- style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">William M. Brown, Chairman, President and CEO (Harris Corporation)
- style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Andrés R. Gluski, President and CEO (The AES Corporation)
- style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Eduardo C. Leite, Chairman of the Executive Committee (Baker & McKenzie)
- style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Keith Nosbusch, Chairman and CEO (Rockwell Automation, Inc.)
- style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Mark S. Sutton, Chairman and CEO (International Paper)
- style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Patricia A. Woertz, Chairman (Archer Daniels Midland Company)