HATTIESBURG, MS (WDAM) - The following is a news release from The University of Southern Mississippi
Several University of Southern Mississippi staff members were honored for their work at the College Public Relations Association of Mississippi (CPRAM) Conference held May 18-19 in Tupelo, Miss. The CPRAM awards recognizes exceptional work by communications, marketing and public relations professionals at colleges and universities across the state of Mississippi.
Southern Miss took home a total of 13 awards in the senior division of the competition, which is open to all of the state's four-year universities and colleges.
"These awards acknowledge the high-caliber work being done by USM staff members across a variety of communication platforms," said Jim Coll, Chief Communication Officer. "It demonstrates that they not only are excelling in traditional print platforms, but also are favorably competitive in digital and new media. Their work is helping to advance the Southern Miss brand in a positive and aggressive manner throughout the state of Mississippi and beyond."
Award winners include the following:
• 1st place – Public Relations Campaign – Take a Closer Look: Office of University Communications
• 1st place – Special Publications – President Rodney D. Bennett Inauguration Program: Skye Bailey, Heather Graves, Lynn McCarver, Christa McLeod, Brittney Westbrook
• 1st place – Brochure – 2014-15 Theatre Season Brochure: Kat VanSkiver, Heather Graves, Lynn McCarver, John Warrick, Brittney Westbrook
• 1st place – Single Piece of Artwork: Non-Sports – Wind in the Willows Poster: Kat VanSkiver, John Warrick, Heather Graves, Lynn McCarver, Brittney Westbrook
• 1st place – Annual Report – Southern Miss Alumni Association: Jenny Boudreaux
• 2nd place – Institutional Magazine – The Talon: Jenny Boudreaux
• 2nd place – Web Page – Choose Southern Miss: Aaron Green, LaTonya Frelix, Geoff LoCicero, Lauren Smith
• 2nd place – Brochure – Southern Arena Theatre: Kat VanSkiver, John Warrick, Heather Graves, Lynn McCarver, Brittney Westbrook
• 3rd place – Multi-Media Presentation – We Choose to Innovate, Thrive, Make a Difference and Succeed: Jay Gunn, Jerry Santos, Skye Bailey, Heather Graves, Jennifer Payne
• 3rd place – New Media/Social Media – University of Southern Mississippi Facebook: Olivia Ann Hodges
• 3rd place – Digital Art/Photo Illustration – Cover Photo Illustration for National Theatre Live Mailer: Kat VanSkiver, Heather Graves, Lynn McCarver, Brittney Westbrook
• 3rd place – Single Piece of Artwork: Non-Sports – Honor Club Black Tie Gala Mailing Suite: Brittney Westbrook, Lynn McCarver, Heather Graves, Amy Martin, Hillary Lovinggood.
• 3rd place – Special Publications – 2014 Countdown to Kickoff Event Invite: Skye Bailey, Heather Graves, Amy Martin, Lynn McCarver, Brittney Westbrook
Last month, University marketing and public relations professionals were also honored for their work by the Public Relations Association of Mississippi. USM earned six awards in that competition which recognized outstanding public relations professionals across the state of Mississippi.